7.07.2014

"Constrained by Perfection"




I'm thinking Jesus told me flat out.. about two and a half years ago..

"Perfectionism is stunting your growth."

You have dreams you have yet to give fair try all because you're afraid of making a mistake, you're afraid of failure, you're afraid of the fight.

I gave you those dreams.
I made you for your dreams. 

Get in the fight. Stay in it.

And while you're at it...

Step away from perfection.
Step away from the false belief that you have to do everything right...
Step away from believing you're in this by yourself.
Nothing I call you to will ever be done in YOUR strength, alone.

I only need your cooperation. I only desire obedience.

I equip and make capable the Called.
I qualify them.

You don't have to measure up.
You don't have to convince anyone.

Be confident in My faithfulness. Be on your own team.

Put on your shoes... and start walking.

My grace is sufficient.
My strength is made perfect in your weakness.
I alone, as in... by Myself, will make up every difference.

This same message has come to me in various other forms, of course --  not always using the word "perfect," but others like strive, stress, rigid, critical, too cautious. Don't be any of those.  Don't do any of those.

Don't be a perfectionist because your dreams fit you perfectly.

The journey is for the lessons, the mountains, and valleys..when you fall, and fly, and soar..  
you'll see... the dream is fit for you.

You crawl before you walk. You walk before you fly. You fly before you soar.
I'm with you through it all.

You may not be perfect, but you are being perfected.

Have you met anyone who's arrived?

...Exactly.

As long as you are living - you are growing and you are learning.
Life experiences stretch you and you give until it's all gone...until your assignment is complete.
When you pass away, ideally, hopefully... you've maxed out on all there was to learn, and do, and be in your life.

Die empty.
Die done.

Don't die striving to become what will never be on this side of heaven.
Don't die undone because you never gave your gifts a chance to grow. 

Start. Go. Finish.

I've heard it said before; comfort zones are beautiful places... but nothing ever grows there... and that is uncomfortable.

I hope you are getting uncomfortable...


You must do the very thing you fear.
           
Our hopes for perfection will be met with a smile when we go Home.

When we see Him, we shall be like Him.

Until then, it is His beautiful grace that meets us where we are, strengthening us to complete our assignments.. leading us to make our dreams, realities, validating our acts of courage and faith with miracles, and greeting our imperfections with His complete, perfection.

Don't be constrained by perfection...

Your dreams were fit for you.


What dreams were fit for you? 
When are you going to start?

 I want to know : ) 
And start today...
 


 XO
#SheaWrites



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips