4.23.2015

What My Birthday Did for Me..


I had plans .. and they were changed. The first thing I asked my sister when I woke up yesterday morning was if she was trying to RUIN my birthday.

VIDEO clips from:
..My 29th 



Made by Mommy:)

I took off work. I had a schedule. I had appointments. And while she hardly addressed my questions, she did take the wheel and tell me what to do to be ready on time. She helped pack my clothes and people started showing up at random, very early, unexpected parts of the day, like my other sister, Cass. I was ELATED :)


Cass did my hair for the day and our night out, but I had to wear blindfolds once I got in the car. Not too long afterwards did we "run into" my (or everyone's) brother, Maully!  He basically showed up out of nowhere to drive us around.. when I tell you I laughed for about 4 minutes straight..


This sign and his hat.. wore. me. out!
"Transportation to Heaven, only for those who are going to heaven.... But not today!!



 I still had questions, though. And they wouldn't give me answers. "Where are we going? What are we seeing? What's next? What time? Can I...?" I just had to trust that I'd be dressed appropriately for every stop of the day.

Turns out my day was packed with many surprises way more beautiful than what I had planned...  

We went to the movies and LAUGHED,  we went for a facial and massages, then we had Sushi for lunch & Tex-Mex for dinner - 2 of my favorites! They even scheduled a nap that I failed to take but at least they knew that I love naptime!!

I'm a planner by nature and profession, so let's just say that I was IMPRESSED:) Let's also say that right down to the last moments of the day, I'd already experienced so much more of what I would have wanted for myself, but had neither the capacity or thoughtfulness for myself to get it all done! 

Isn't that like God though? 

As soon as He "cancels" or "postpones" our plans we get shaky and think, "Why is He ruining my plans? Howww is this supposed to work out now?" Meanwhile, He just threw in a remix and upgraded OUR plans to more than what we could have imagined, more than what we could have figured out or properly executed on our own..

THAT was my day. My day - could preach, but I won't!  ; )  All I had to do was follow instructions, trust my sisters and "my driver" to take me where I would have needed to go to enjoy my birthday (or in the "GOD scheme of things," LIFE!). 


I had to sit back, relax, and enjoy the rideI also had to take orders, but that's okay. 
All things work together.

This birthday was for the books:) I laughed until I cried. And now I have to figure out how to make their birthdays even more awesome in the years to come!

..If my yesterday... was any indication of my year to come,  then I will continue to trust and take orders.

 

My birthday served a great reminder... 

God's plans are better than mine.
#trust

"Now to Him who is able to do (exceedingly and) FAR more abundantly than all that we [can] ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be the glory... in Christ Jesus, throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

Ephesians 3:20-21


1 comment:

  1. How lovely! How nice. Such a God-ordained life lesson and you were having a ball while learning. Once again, happy birthday daughter. Relax, trust God, follow instructions, & enjoy the ride. Greater is coming... Oh, and I forgot... Dance like a butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips