7.26.2014

Writer Quotes..


 "A writer never has a vacation.
For a writer, life consists of either writing or thinking about writing."
- Eugene Ionesco





"Most of the basic material a writer works with is acquired before the age of fifteen."

- Willa Cather



"This is how you do it: You sit down at the keyboard and you put one word after another until it's done. It's that easy, and that hard."
- Neil Gaiman


I am like a little pencil in God’s hand. 
He does the writing. 
The pencil has nothing to do with it.

- Mother Teresa


"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect."

- Anais Nin


“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.”

- Allen Ginsberg, WD
 




"Your writing is trying to tell you something. Just lend an ear."


- Joanne Greenberg



"All Writing Comes by the Grace of God."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit."


- Richard Bach



“There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man

that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.”

-William Thackeray

“The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write;
 a man will turn over half a library to make one book.”
- Samuel Johnson


"You don’t have to say everything to say something."

- Beth Moore



"WRITING IS ITS OWN REWARD."

- Henry Miller



"I went for years not finishing anything.
Because, of course, when you finish something you can be judged."

- Erica Jong



***

Art is not about thinking something up.


It is the opposite — getting something down.


- Julia Cameron




"The role of a writer is not to say what we can all say,

but what we are unable to say."

- Anais Nin


"Writing a book is like telling a joke and having to wait 2 years to know whether or not it was funny."

 

- Alain de Botton



Writing is learning to say nothing, more cleverly, every day.

- Unknown.


"I write to discover what I know..."
- Flannery O' Connor 


Know that the Creator lives and moves and breathes within you. So those dreams? Risk them. Those words? Write them. Those hopes? Believe them.

 - Elora Nicole Ramirez

  

"A writer keeps surprising himself... he doesn't know what he is saying until he sees it on the page."

- Thomas Williams


Writing is learning to say nothing, more cleverly every day.
  - Unknown

"I am sometimes irritated by my own writing...
  I am like a violinist whose ear is true, but whose fingers refuse to reproduce precisely the sound he hears within."

- Gustave Flaubert



Writers aren’t people exactly. 
Or, if they’re any good, they’re a whole lot of people trying so hard to be one person.

       - F. Scott Fitzgerald

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
- Douglas Adams
“When I sit down to write a book, I do not say to myself, ‘I am going to produce a work of art.’ I write because there is some lie that I want to expose, some fact to which I want to draw attention, and my initial concern is to get a hearing.”

- George Orwell

"I can shake off everything as I write; My sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn." - Anne Frank


Writers are the heroes of our age...
Writers tell all or close to it - so we all can be better.
Writing is a form of care, a high honor, a responsibility...
Writers are messengers. Thank God for them.
#sheaWrites

And all writing - is creating or spinning dreams for other people so they won’t have to bother doing it for themselves.


- Unknown

Everybody walks past a thousand story ideas every day.
...Writers are the ones who see five or six of them. Most people don’t see any.
-Orson Scott

Don’t try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It’s the one and only thing you have to offer.
- Barbara Kingsolver


Do you realize that all great literature is all about what a bummer it is to be a human being?
Isn't it such a relief to have somebody say that?
     -  Kurt Vonnegut

HAHA - sorry that one sounds so sad, but it made me laugh.. oh well!

        ****************
 "Real writers don’t write to get published. They write just to write. Real writers don’t write for recognition or fame or notoriety. They write, because they simply cannot not write. By their gifts and a higher calling, they are compelled to create. Real writers wake up every morning with something to say. And they thank the heavens for an opportunity to do so. You are a writer. You just need to write" - Jeff Goins




The writer probably knows what he meant when he wrote a book, 
but he should immediately forget what he meant when he’s written it. 
- Unknown
 
“One thing that helps is to give myself permission to write badly. I tell myself that I’m going to do my five or 10 pages no matter what, and that I can always tear them up the following morning if I want. I’ll have lost nothing—writing and tearing up five pages would leave me no further behind than if I took the day off.”
- Lawrence Block, WD
The secret of good writing -  is to say an old thing in a new way or to say a new thing in an old way.
-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips