7.12.2014

My LOVE Banner

Picture
"He has brought me to his banquet hall, And his banner over me is love."  (Song of Solomon 2:4)

This one, is everything...

When I think about banners, and what they symbolize...  I can only conclude that we are simply unable to escape God's eternal, uninterrupted, unconditional, very LOUD love... And who would want to?



I think about the flags that wave, shiny lit letters that hang over store entrances, the bells and whistles - they all work together to gather crowds..all because of a grand opening, perhaps, a sale - or something new... something blue? :) 

Banners are eager, and over the top... inviting, pronounced, and not to be overlooked. They're big, and bold, unapologetic and purposeful... Created to make HUGE announcements, statements and affirmations... Banners are necessary. They are there to make fact  and known what could be assumed, to make fact and known, what could be... forgotten.

Banners make it so that things just don't "go without saying."

Banners Speak.

Banners.. hang high, and place value on what lies underneath. They label and define, and celebrate...

Banners are incredible.

... and all because of this scripture, I  can't look at another banner without remembering...

GOD's banner over me is LOVE.

All day. Each day. He's loud about it, hovering over me, dancing over me, singing over me, rejoicing over me, enjoying me... all because HIS Banner is LOVE. He's making noise, and celebrating.. He's yelling from the rooftops what sometimes isn't so obvious to my human eyes and flawed senses... He's clear - so I am to make no mistake. His banner isn't going anywhere, it just hangs there, over my head, in balance... for me to know, and the world to see.

His banner over me is LOVE.

And His banner is so necessary, so very necessary, that we all have one.. we all get a banner.
 
For God so loved the WORLD...

I imagine each of us abiding and finding shade in the love of God -- beautifying our existence as we experience the joy of life under this banner, of life aware of God's superb, superior love, it's a beautiful banner to behold.....and we ALL get one.

We all get a banner... God Loves You.
                                                                            ---
Zephaniah 3:17: For the Lord your God is with you, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will rejoice over you with joyful song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips