1.13.2017

Putting On My Warrior Boots: The Day I Decided Fear Couldn't Make My Decision & The Lisa Whittle Retreat!!!

Lisa Whittle. Lover of Jesus. Author. Teacher. Funny. Warm & Down to Earth. I didn't have the pleasure of meeting her until last weekend..
I'd been following Lisa's ministry for some time now... She posts. I open my email. That has been the pattern. Her way with words and biggest message, "God First." won me from first read. I've only known her to be authentic, and fiery, and uncompromising in her love for the gospel, so when she said she was hosting a retreat for just about 30 women to share her heart, upcoming book, and tips for aspiring authors, I knew I had to be there.
Problem?  Precipitation. The bad kind. Almost didn't make it!
Snow in NJ. State of emergency in NC. I LOVE flying, but I didn't sleep too well the night before heading out. The news exploited photos of car pile-ups in the typically "sunny south" as I heard deep down inside, "If you go, I'll keep you.." 


When morning came, I was still restless - still fighting. I went into my prayer room with few words and a solemn, worried silence.

I wanted God to change His mind.
If there ever were a test of discernment, this would have been one of them. Sometimes He's saying "no," and we're saying "YES!"  But this time -- He was saying.. go, and I was saying "NO." The conversation would repeat itself.
I dragged my feet to the shower.
But not before I looked up...
Like Gideon, I was ready to lay out a fleece and ask for a sign, and funny as it were, I got one.  In the moment that I began to get off my knees, still at war in my heart, I looked up, and a familiar scripture that hung on my wall  had the final word...
Jeremiah 29:11 | For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
I dragged my feet to the shower..
As much as I'd been looking forward to this retreat, it was this one obstacle that could change everything. And I find that at the end of the day, it had nothing to do with what I really wanted... because I REALLY WANTED to be there, but my desire wasn't helping me much. My desire was turning on me. It was afraid. It didn't know anymore. But more than anything, it's what the enemy didn't want so it came down to this: I had to decide at that moment whether or not fear would make my decision. Whether this girl, who loves the sky, flying, and "all things airport" would let fear step in and cancel the weekend God planned for her. Because this girl, who had counseled anxiety-ridden travel buddies in times past - had a hard time putting the pieces together.

The enemy still attacks where we think we're strong.
We always need God..
#snapchat photo alert. 
Two flights, two faulty aircrafts, twice - almost turning around to just go home, and many prayers later (s/o to the friends & fam!), I made it. 

God kept me. Just like He said.

Is it ironic that the theme of the retreat and the title of her new book is "Put Your Warrior Boots On?"

BTW my UGGS aren't loyal. Almost slipped on the ice.

But here we are. What a life changing couple of days. You may not be able to tell, but I find it hard to put into words what last weekend was for me. It beat staying in NJ. It beat intentionally missing my flight. It was all so rich and full and purposeful and sobering. Moments of sharing, and healing, and prayer and all the good stuff.
Lisa has a message that strips your heart right down to its first need for a Savior. She challenges us to take a real hard look at the truths we allow to govern our lives -- she insists we answer our highest call -- to carry the greatest news in the world wherever we go. #TheGospel #JesusStrong. 
There is no other way.
What a charge... I'm still taking it all in.
I am honored to have spent last weekend with such beautiful women who radiated Jesus, loved GOD, lived out their love, and had stories I would have never known unless we were up close & personal. Lisa had this retreat because she wanted us up close & personal 💛 The Body of Christ is packed precious gems all over the world, and I'm just a little obsessed with meeting them:) ...mothers to children they haven't birthed, passionate bible study leaders, SURVIVORS, in every sense of the word - other writers,  advocates for the unborn, my Instagram friend who is now really my Instagram friend lol...the list goes on and I absolutely love it. Here's to the sweet hearts & sisterhood across 10 states I would've never known if I'd followed my fears instead of that still small voice that said, "GO."

Lisa's newest book "Put Your Warrior Boots On" is available for pre-order on Amazon. 
 Put Your Warrior Boots On

You should get it :) And, she's the sweetest. The real deal.
"A strong woman first lowers her voice in prayer so God can raise up her voice in the world.... a warrior doesn't wait to get ready... a warrior prepares and then finds out she already is."
 - Lisa Whittle
"I choose God. And I will follow Him forever."











3 comments:

  1. So thankful that I met you, such a treasure you are! I didn't realize what a fight it had been for you to get there, but am so glad you did!!! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Kathy, I am absolutely grateful as well. Such a kind heart and wise woman. Trusting that you will do all that God has placed in you to do. Courage and strength to you <3 HUGS!

      Delete
  2. It was so meant for you to be there. 👏🏾🙌🏾☝🏽

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips