9.02.2014

Because You Have To...

The wholeee summer flew by.
I literally don't know where it went.

One minute I'm sleeping over a friend's house, then maybe I was singing somewhere, then there was church, a few family get togethers, cookouts,  a wedding, and what happens...?

I'm driving to work one day and it occurs to me --
"I haven't stepped foot near one, large, body of water.."

(...and my tub, doesn't count)




All summer - no beach, no pool...no sprinklers and this, almost equates to no life in my book.

Sometimes we just do DEMASIADO:  to0o much.

We do so much that we make no time for the fun that makes life worthwhile.
Somehow we make absolutely no time for life or something like it.

LIFE - or something that remotely resembles it.


Not that I hadn't spent the bulk of my time with people I adored, and not that I hadn't spent time committing time to my goals so that they would be reached --- 

.. I just forgot to take a minute.
   One Minute.

I forgot to take one minute to just sit, be, enjoy, breathe, savor the moment, not think, and ..then, THINK, if I felt like it..

I didn't take enough time for me. 

We all do it to ourselves, in one way or another.. forget ourselves amidst the demands, the schedule, the relatives, the friends.. We think, by doing all that we've written in our little black books, we've accomplished some feat. We think, that if we haven't checked most everything off our to-do lists, we've lost somehow...

We haven't.

We're racing against time, and rushing - to no end, when we could just do ourselves a favor and take it easy.

We could all do ourselves a favor and take it, easier...

Have a seat.

Read a book.
Turn on your TV.
Watch an entire season of your favorite show.

Don't feel guilty about it.
LAUGH.
Watch another season.

Life is too beautiful to sprint through it mindlessly. 

Lie down in the park.
Stare at the sky.
Walk.
Take the scenic route.

Teach yourself the art of doing nothing...
Leave your phone in the car, turn downnnn, do nothing.

Can we?? Do nothing?
***

A little less than 3 hours to sunset, and I, along with one of my best friends of over 12 years stroll into the sand. She's a doctor in Philly, I work events in Jersey - we needed downtime.

It was the "last day of summer" and we were feeling spontaneous.
It's the last day of summer and we finally got away.

We were SO willingly negligent to the fact that time was almost up.
We were only committed to the sweet nap we thought we'd take in the sunlit breeze..

She threw out her blanket, I dug my chair into the sand, we pulled out some magazines and thanked GOD for the beach.

Who knew this place existed?

The sun, likes to play games though. The sun plays hide and seek. We stay in spite of the chill, and the sun comes back out.

We were as relieved as we were determined...

We spent the day doing just as we pleased. We laughed, and threw ourselves into the water ...we reveled in a little silence, and wedding talk because I'm a maid : )
Thanks to her magazines, we engaged in some very detailed & unnecessary speculation concerning Hollywood's most recent events....the mysteries of medicine, my eternal agenda and how the music on the beach had truly indicated that we were, indeed, on the Jersey Shore.

We talked until the sun gave up shining then we took off in search of  cheeseburgers.

It was a wonderful day,  no shut-eye included... but the day was spent well. 

The day was spent well.

This is life or something like it... time spent with best friends.
Anytime spent smiling, anytime you can exhale.
You've got a world of memories... but you still find time for more.

 This is life or something like it. 






Make time for fun. 

Only because you have to...

 

#SheaWrites
XO.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips